Attendance Line: 831-335-7770
Parents are reminded that attendance at school is very important. Activities and discussion that occur in class can never be adequately duplicated once a child misses school. We hope that all students will be in school and on time, 100% of the time.
If it is necessary to keep your child from school, it is requested that parents call in their child's absence, the day of the absences. Notifying your child’s teacher does not excuse the absence. Please call the SLVE attendance line at (831) 335-7770. Leave your child's name, date, teacher, and reason for the absence. This telephone has its own voicemail, so messages may be left at any time of the day or night.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
What is an EXCUSED absence?
By law [EC § 48205], excused absences are:
- illness (fever 100° or more, your child must be fever free for twenty-four hours before returning to school], persistent runny nose with yellow-green mucus discharge, rashes [unless there is a note from your physician stating that your child is not contagious], vomiting [If your child is sent home vomiting he/she needs to be vomit free for twenty-four hours before returning to school], diarrhea [If your child is sent home from school with diarrhea he/she needs to be diarrhea free for twenty-four hours before returning to school]
- medical/dental appointments (doctor’s note required for verification)
- death in the family
- specific religious reasons
- required appearance in court
- exclusion from school for contagious disease
What is an UNEXCUSED absence?
- family vacations during school time
- sleeping in
- staying home to visit family or guests
- transportation problems