Please join us for Open House, Art and Music Show, Pizza and Ice Cream Extravaganza on Thursday, May 16th. Schedule is as follows:
5:30-- Pizza and Ice Cream sundaes for sale, Student art on display in the MU room
6:00- SLVE Band Performance
6:30-- Classrooms open
7:30-- A great night ends
Come and celebrate a great year with friends and see all that your students have accomplished this year!
Class Placement Procedures
Now is the time of year when we all start thinking about next year, especially class placement for our kids. Our class placement procedures are as follows:
1. We do not take teacher requests.
2. Special needs forms are available in the office from now until May 25. Use this form to let us know anything that you would like us to consider when placing your child, including their learning style and your assessment of the kind of person that is a match for their personality. This is not a teacher request form. If you request a teacher on this form, the name will be crossed out. Return this form to the office, not your child’s teacher.
3. In late May, current teachers will make class placements for the following the year. We look for balance of gender, ability level, and behavior in classes.
4. Placements are revised throughout the summer, and sometimes completely redone in the middle of August.
5. Placement letters will be mailed out the Friday before school starts.
Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Academy (TKA) Registration are now open!
To attend Kindergarten, students must be 5 by October 1, 2013. Kindergarten hours are 8:20- 11:45.
To attend TKA, students must be 5 between October 2, 2013 and December 2, 2013. We will also take students with birthdays in September on a space available basis. TKA hours are 8:30- 11:50, and classes will be held at the Ludlow School Site (behind the high school football field)
Come to the office to pick up a registration packet and get more information.